Ticker

12/recent/ticker-posts

Galaxy S22 users not getting text messages on Verizon, T-Mobile & others after September Update

 A flagship Android handset should have a premium appearance and feel, and the Samsung Galaxy S22 series provides. Samsung offers three models—the S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra—to suit a variety of budgets.

Image Source: samsung

Updates are intended to fix flaws and ensure that the devices are functioning as intended, but on occasion, they may also have the exact opposite impact.


Not receiving texts on Galaxy S22

Many Samsung Galaxy S22 owners appear to be in that situation because they aren't getting text messages from Verizon, T-Mobile, and other carriers. However, if they restart their phones, the messages are delivered.

Galaxy S22 users not getting text messages on Verizon, T-Mobile & others after September Update
Image Source: piunikaweb


Users report that once their devices randomly cease sending and receiving SMS, they suddenly start getting them again.

This is concerning since some people miss important information that may be time-sensitive as a result of not receiving SMS.

Several reports claim that this issue, which appears to affect all S22 models (S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra) after the September update, is not specific to any one carrier.

I have to reboot several times a day to make sure I haven’t missed any texts. Additionally, my phone keeps switching to mobile data because it thinks I don’t have any internet even though it’s still connected to wifi. No other devices in the house are having these issues. Rebooting the router did not help.


Soo recently with the new update I have noticed tsht my phone will not receive texts. I have no idea what happened, I have not changed any settings or nothing. Last time I got an update my phone had problems with my mobile date. But I have no been able to figure out why I do not receive texts.


Apparently, this problem is also affecting some S21 users. They've had this glitch before, a few months ago, so it's not the first time for them.


@VerizonSupport since the last security update on my galaxy s21 in September I’ve had an issue with not receiving texts. I literally have to restart my device every few minutes as that’s the only way I have been able to eventually receive texts. Fix the issue or peace out


The studies also mention potential solutions that could lessen the problem. You might need to enable chat options if you use AT&T or T-Mobile by following the instructions in this link

Galaxy S22 users not getting text messages on Verizon, T-Mobile & others after September Update
Image Source: piunikaweb


Toggling the SIM card on and off is another potential workaround:

Go to the sim card manager. Toggle it off for a few seconds then back on. This has fixed the RCS’s connected chat/text issue and many other oddities for me. Haven’t found a need to pull the sim as this accomplishes the same thing and is obviously much quicker.


Please let us know in the comments section below if any of the remedies helped you fix the Samsung Galaxy S22 not receiving text message problem.

Be sure to follow those stories as well because we have more of them in our area solely dedicated to Samsung.

Post a Comment

0 Comments