Ticker

12/recent/ticker-posts

US Open 2022: Who is Frances Tiaoe and Rafael Nadal on US Open Loss | Know Here

Since 2005, when James Blake overcame the then-World No. 2 Spaniard, Tiafoe's victory over Nadal at the US Open represented the biggest victory for an American man.


US Open 2022 Who is Frances Tiaoe and Rafael Nadal on US Open Loss  Know Here

Monday's fourth-round loss to American Frances Tiafoe at the US Open was difficult for Rafael Nadal. There are no justifications, in the words of the 22-time major champion. Simply put, Tiafoe was the day's better player.

After shaking hands with Nadal, Tiafoe sobbed on the court while burying his head in his hands. As Nadal went away and waved to the audience, he sat on the bench and covered his head with a towel.

Since Andy Roddick, also 24, reached the quarterfinals in 2006, the 24-year-old Tiafoe is the youngest American to do so. Since John Isner in 2018, he is the first American guy to advance to the final eight in New York.

Since Mardy Fish in 2010–12, Tiafoe is the first American man to have advanced to the fourth round three times in a row.

Nadal stated, "We may bemoan or whine about a lot of things right now, but I don't think it is going to change any scenario. "We can speculate that I might have won Wimbledon if I hadn't gotten hurt. Perhaps I've won things in the past. Or perhaps I lost other things because, after all those wounds, I was unable to summon this inner strength.

"That is a component of my career. Many times went according to plan; other times, things utterly unexpectedly happened, like in Australia or at Roland Garros. This was obviously not the best way for me to prepare. However, in other instances, things went as they should have, despite imperfect preparation. No good reasons come to mind. We must be honest enough with ourselves. That's the only way I can see you making improvements or the only way I can see you coming up with solutions.

Tiafoe took the action to Nadal in a disciplined, aggressive match. In order to get to his first quarterfinal at Flushing Meadows, the American blasted 49 winners compared to just 28 unforced errors. Inside Arthur Ashe Stadium, Nadal was unable to come up with a solution.

"The difference is simple: I had a poor game, whereas he had a strong game. That's it at the end," Nadal added. "I struggled for a very long period to maintain a high level of tennis. I didn't move with enough speed. I was unable to push him back since he was able to take the ball far too frequently and too early.

You May Also Like: Athletes, Celebrities, and Leaders respond to the tennis legend retirement of Serena Williams

Tennis is frequently a game of position. If not, you must be really youthful and quick. That time has passed for me. I needed to make better photos. I suppose I have to say today that my shot quality and game knowledge were somewhat lacking since I was unable to generate as much offense [against] him.

Nadal lost to Fabio Fognini in the second round after falling behind a set and 2-4. The lefty had previously been defeated by the Italian in New York, but the four-time champion prevailed. With Richard Gasquet, the former World No. 7, in the third round, Nadal proved that he was playing better in practice than he had through the first two matches.

Against Tiafoe, who defeated Nadal for his first victory, it was insufficient.

"Honestly, I did a good job of practicing the week prior. My level then dropped when the competition began. That is the reality. "Mental challenges in terms of a lot of things transpired the last couple of months, for some reason, I don't know," Nadal remarked. "However, [it] is irrelevant. The only thing that actually happened was that we advanced to the fourth round of the US Open when I played a player who was superior to me. And for that reason, I'm taking a plane home.

Tiafoe is playing "more solid than previously," said Nadal, and the American served effectively. The Spaniard continued by saying he did not do enough to "sow doubts" in the thoughts of the home favorite.

"He deserves all the credit, without a doubt. That is the reality. He excelled at a variety of tasks. However, it's crucial to acknowledge all the positive things your opponent has done or is doing when you finish a game. Without a doubt, yes," Nadal replied.

Nadal, who won the Australian Open and Roland Garros for the first time, still had a strong Grand Slam season. The left-handed player advanced to Wimbledon's semifinals before retiring owing to injury.

Nadal got another chance in New York when Nick Kyrgios defeated top seed Daniil Medvedev on Sunday. However, as the Spaniard said, he failed to make use of his opportunity.

"I had my opportunities. I had that break, followed by another 15/40. In the first set, I had a Love-30, but I failed to return the serve. There have been many instances where, if you can be ready to seize that opportunity, [the] circumstance can alter, according to Nadal. "[That] can really change things. It all comes down to confidence. It's all about playing better because, in the end, this sport is about [taking] opportunities when they are presented to you, [being given] opportunities when they are presented to you, and trying to save when the opposition is performing well.

"This afternoon, I was unable to perform any of these things. As a result, he was successful. He played with the appropriate amount of fervor. Best wishes to him.

Post a Comment

0 Comments